Caroline is Director of Teaching and Learning for Ebor Academy Trust. She has over sixteen years of experience in primary education where she has for many years led literacy; developing teaching and learning, driving new initiatives and improving standards. Her senior leadership experience includes working as Deputy Head in North Yorkshire and as a Vice Principal in a large primary school in York. Caroline has a wealth of school improvement experience, including working within a leadership team to improve a school from a Special Measures judgement to Good. In her current role she is responsible for developing teaching and learning across the academy trust and improving standards within schools across several local authorities. She also leads academy wide strategy groups in reading and in key stage two assessment.
School based staff training – Improving standards in the teaching and learning of reading
Overview: Do you want to raise standards in the teaching and learning of reading? Is reading a current school priority? We can offer the opportunity for our trainer to work with your staff within your school setting. Bespoke elements will ensure the training meets the needs of your school, giving greater emphasis on a whole school training approach to improve the quality of the teaching of reading. The training will centre around a whole school staff meeting, unpicking how to improve standards in reading but with elements that fit specifically within the requirements of your School Development Plan or relevant Ofsted actions.
The staff meeting package will include:
- An opportunity to work with the trainer prior to delivery of the training to discuss the requirements for your school – offering bespoke elements to the staff meeting through an initial one hour meeting with SLT/ Literacy lead
- A two hour staff meeting looking at improving standards in reading
- Exploring how to show progress in reading sessions
- Effective approaches for the teaching of reading
- Strategies to fully engage children within the teacher led part of the guided reading session
- Exploring the teaching of group guided reading and whole class reading sessions
- Access to all resources shared within the training session